We are proud to announce that EatAbout received a formal award at the House of Lords at British Parliament from the Entrepreneurship Institute of Kings College London on the evening of Tuesday 15th March, being named the “Best Startup”.
The award was presented by Margaret Mountford (former judge on BBC’s 'The Apprentice' and a member of the advisory board of Westminster Business School), and in attendance to receive the award were Philip Kallberg (EatAbout CEO & Co-founder) and Richard Kallberg (EatAbout Marketing Manager).
The award ceremony featured 15 finalists from an initial pool of 66 startups, and the winner was determined by an independent panel of judges comprised of:
- Ahmad Hamzawi (Engineering Manager, AdSense at Google)
- Emma Jones (Founder, Enterprise Nation)
- Farhan Lalji (Managing Director EMEA, Rokk3r Labs)
- Ketan Makwana (CEO, Enterprise Lab Ltd.)
- Lyndsey McMurray (Managing Partner, Pollen Street Capital)
- Simon Devonshire OBE (Entrepreneur and Investor)
The award was judged against 9 key criteria: disruptive idea; feasibility; competition; target market & customer appeal; customer acquisition; finances; talented team; privacy protection; and potential for growth & development.
Philip was understandably upbeat after receiving the award, saying “The award is a source of great pride to the EatAbout team, and demonstrates just how far we’ve come in creating a valuable service for our guests and chefs.”